1989 – Master of Science – Health and Human Performance. University of Montana, Missoula, MT.
1983 – Bachelor of Science – Nursing. Montana State University, Bozeman, MT.
Licenses & Certificates
1983- Present – Registered Nurse. Montana Dept. of Commerce, Board of Nursing, Helena, MT.
1996- Present – Certified (Medical)Case Manager (CCM). Commission for Case Manager Certification, Foundation for Rehabilitation. Certification, Education, and Research, Rolling Meadows, IL.
American Nurses Association/Montana Nurses Association
Case Management Society of America
Society for Human Resource Managers (Local Chapter)
Consultant – Forensic Nursing, Inc., Whitefish, MT.
Medical Case Consulting-Insurance-Legal-Criminal: Industrial Injury, Personal Injury, Malpractice, Catastrophic Injury, Life Care Planning, Long Term Disability, Product Liability, Standards of Care. Legal & Insurance: Defense & Plaintiff.
- Medical Services Consultant – Crawford and Co., Kalispell, MT.
- Medical Case Management and Consulting: Industrial Injury, Catastrophic Injury, Long Term Disability.
- Office Staff Nurse – Internal Medicine practice specializing in cardiology, oncology, pulmonary, renal, and allergy. Diagnostics, rehabilitation, education, disease treatment. Cardiac Diagnostic and Rehabilitation. Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified (A.C.L.S.).
- Staff Nurse – Kalispell Regional Hospital: Intensive Care Unit: Primary care nursing.
Catastrophic injuries and diseases. A.C.L.S. certified.
- Program Coordinator, Assistant to Medical Director – Health Promotion Center, Kalispell Regional Hospital, Kalispell MT. Wellness program development and management, analyses of results of health screening programs, community education, cardiac rehabilitation, individual health assessments and consulting. A.C.L.S. certified.
- Radio program: HealthWatch.
- Graduate Intern – Univ. Montana Wellness Program: Behavior Modification Weight and Exercise Control Program. Exercise testing, education and monitoring. A.C.L.S. certified.
- Graduate Intern – Western Montana Sports Medicine and Fitness Center, Missoula, Montana: Developed and conducted behavior modification weight control and exercise program for members; fitness testing and exercise prescription, cholesterol screening, health risk assessment, and management of a community nutrition and exercise education program. A.C.L.S. certified.
- Student Representative – Wellness Director Task Force: Team member evaluating candidates for Univ. of Montana Student Wellness Director.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant – Developed and taught classes in Weight Training, Physical Conditioning, Aerobics, Racquetball. Theory and Application. A.C.L.S. certified.
- Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse – Missoula General Hospital, Missoula, MT: Emergency Room, Medical-Surgical Unit, Intensive Care Unit and Recovery Room. Primary position: Emergency Room. A.C.L.S. certified.
- Vice Chairperson and Bargaining Representative (1984 and 1986) – Local Unit, Montana Nurses Association.
- Staff Nurse – Missoula Community Hospital Rehabilitation: Special Care Unit, Primary care nursing (quadriplegia, paraplegia, head injury, stroke injury, congenital defect diseases).
- Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse – North Valley Hospital, Whitefish, Montana: Medical-Surgical Unit (1982 – Nurse Technician: North Valley / Extended Care Unit).
- Nurse Technician – St. Patrick Hospital, Missoula, Montana: Psychiatric Unit – Acute Care, Orthopedic/Neurology Unit, Oncology-Renal Unit, Medical-Surgical, Cardiac Unit.